Re: Vintage racing question, Miles

To: malcox@napanet.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage racing question, Miles
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:57:53 EST
Malcom Cox, et al:    The Vintage Sports Car Club of Amer. (VSCCA) ...the
oldest vintage group...East coast oriented....has a wonderful Preservation
Class of racers....that are perhaps faster than slow, but slower than
fast....sharing the same race philosophy  ---as many drive to the
track....race for the fun of it....and then drive their cars home!   The
Preservation Class  is determined by your  lap times at Lime Rock.
Example....fast is approx. 1.06....the Preservation class times have to be
over 1:16 sec.  And, old Stirling won't qualify for this one!

This Thanksgiving weekend...Friday, Saturday and Sunday....the VSCCA is
having it's 3rd Annual Turkey Bowl at Summit Point Raceway near scenic
Harper's Ferry, WV.  This is a retro of the old Marlboro Raceway days in the
1950s and early '60s... .when Bob Holbert, Roger Penske, Duncan Black, Bruce
Jennings, Dr. Dick Thompson and Tex Hopkins....all showed up for one last
race.   Today...it's three days of fun for about 60 drivers....racing without
timing and scoring....just for the fun of it...one last time before the cars
go into hibernation for the winter months!   Get this...the whole 3 day
weekend is just $140.00 with a VMC membership.  Plenty of track
time...practice all day Friday and 10 lap sprints races....45 minute enduros
on Saturday and Sunday....ending early enough to get an early start home
before it gets dark!

So just think.....if you  leave right now... you can surely make it in time
for the whole weekend..and we'll even treat you to a post-Thanksgiving dinner
on Sat. evening too!   ( I believe that Malcom Cox lives in California...and
was featured in the Speedvison coverage of the Monterey Historics this
summer..driving his MGA... .as I recall.)

Lee Raskin, VMC, VSCCA, SVRA, HSR, PCA