Re: Starter Motors Part 2

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Starter Motors Part 2
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:44:46 EDT

<<
 I would add that even though the Tilton "bolted" onto the bellhousing, the
 Cortina's crossmember required alterations to clear the starter body....so
it
 may not work without modifications for your applicatino either.

Just as a point of information, I just this weekend installed a Japaneese
type high torque starter on my 1964 MGB with a 5 bearing MGB motor.  The
starter wouldn't fit until I removed the engine and rearranged the lower fire
wall/passenger side footwell with my bigest hammer by about 1/2".  So be
forewarned.  The starter however, functions very well.

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Replica #119