Re: in-car cameras

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: in-car cameras
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:26:51 PDT

I use an IO Port mount with strap. It's SCCA approved.

My camera is a Sony TRV 65 (?)  72 x zoom.  It works OK
but does get upset at about 7000RPM.  I have been told that it's
the tape mech that cause the picture to crumble, not the camera,
so a better idea might be a separate camera and recorder so the
recorder can be mounted more shock resistant.  Or better yet,
get a lipstick camera and a transmitter.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.