Re: Alfa powered sports racers

To: alfaguy@nettally.com, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Alfa powered sports racers
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:24:25 EDT
I remember seeing a Bourgault (sp?) sports-racer with Alfa power running in
the Midwest division SCCA in the mid-1970s. Also, Ausca (Kwech) built at
least one Alfa-powered SR. And a friend of mine (Lon McKinstry) ran a 1300
Alfa-powered Elva Mk.7s in Southwest division SCCA in the early 1970s. Elva
also built several Alfa-powered MkIII front-engined sports racers that were
run in the US, including at Sebring. And as you say, several Bobsys got Alfa
power at some point in their careers. A good number of older sports-racers
were converted to Alfa power in the 1970s because Alfa would pay finishing
position money in SCCA races, and if you ran in a small class like CSR where
only  a few cars showed up you could pocket some money most race weekends.
For other leads, you might dig out old issues of Sports Car (SCCA) from the
vintage period and look for the divisional points totals in the back. They
would list cars and you might find some more options.
Harold Pace
Devin SS
Mallock U2