Fwd: Re[2]: By the way....

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Re[2]: By the way....
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 01:29:38 -0400 (EDT)
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG (Dunst, Mordecai)
To:     CLCSF@aol.com
Date: 97-09-24 20:32:50 EDT

     Don:
     I can see the buisness end of permitting very expensive cars to run
     for no fee  IF this would have a dramatic impact on spectator turn-out
     and $ for the clubs' coffers....

     I personally, do not see this as an issue for this event.  It was
     billed as a Cobra Challange and a F5000 reunion (or something like
     that).  So what if 12 Cobras vs. 25 ran in their group.  If the
     enticement of "no entry fee" made the minds up of those with racing
     Cobras to race or not to race (with a car valued at $250,000) that's
     pretty sad.  Now, if the primary sponsor, Ford Motor, subsidised their
     entry I think that would just be fine. As it stands I guess that about
     40 cars were given grattis entry...

     NOTE:
     I don't mind subsidising other groups to run for free IF there is a
     commensurate or better reward later on.  If I'm going to invest in
     something I want a return.  I'm not that altruistic.....

     Mordy (you can print this)