Re: Re: Fwd: Re[2]: By the way....

To: S800Racer@aol.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, CLCSF@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Re: Fwd: Re[2]: By the way....
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 01:12:33 -0400 (EDT)
this is a tough one we as racers in America vote with our dollars.  Each time

we send in an entry we vote for that promoter.  I dont run with one group out

here(spelled Steve Earle) because I choose not to support his particular
 rules and selection process.  I have never met him and have nothing against
him but I
vote with my $$$$. This means I dont get to run Laguna Seca very often, but
it is my vote.    If a promoter wants to allow free entrys because he feels
that
particular grid will conrtibute to to the (financial) success of his event
then he should by all means do that.  I feel the organizer should make money,
so
that he will keep putting on events, and as such should do what he feels is
best.
I personally run with CSRG in nor Cal, this is a member groupwhere I feel
comfortable with the decision process, I dont agree with all the rules(like
allowing asemtric treaded tires) but overall it is fun group of drivers that
look foward to seeing at each event, I ran with VARA (with very liberal
rules)for the first time this year at a low key event(june Buttonwillow) and
look foward to my next tow to So.Calif. to run with them again.
     The incentive to attract a hi $$$$ field is not money for sure, entry
fees for all of us with highly tuned cars(mine is a sprite) or high
maintainance carsis less than nothing in my racing budget, and $50 or $100
more on an entry wont really matter, if stroking ego gets them in the grid
and the promoter gains from that so be it. If the promoter makes money at the
gate in excess of the free entries
given because more folks come to see that grid it is keeping your entry fee
lower.  If he makes the event too expensive or with very little track time
either
you wont come or you will start (or run with) another group, if he doesnt
make money and stops putting on events (he will stop if he looses money) then
where do you race...........chuck canepa