austin healey sprite 1100, Toyota S800 Sports

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: austin healey sprite 1100, Toyota S800 Sports
From: unitedps@mozcom.com (Marc Ablaza)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:28:45 -0800
Greetings from the Manila Sports Car Club!

We are hosting the 2nd Philippine Historic Races from the 22nd-23rd of
November 1997 at the Subic International Raceway in Subic Bay, Zambales.

Currently, we have confirmed the participation of 4 Japanese racers for the
event and hopefully we shall be seeing more foreign racers to come in from
various parts of the region.

The Philippine contingent is composed of 16 racers ranging from the Class B
Corvettes and GT350s to the Class H VWs.

In this regard, we are seeking the suggestion of racers on the net
regarding the classification of the Austin Healey Sprite 1100.  Currently,
the car is classified under Class F together with the MGAs, Lotus 7
America, Fiat 1500 Spyder, MB 190SL, TR2 and TR3, and the Honda S800.  The
owner wants to be classified under class H with the VW 1200.  Please help.

Another car that needs a class re-think is the Toyota S800 Sports which has
a 2 stroke engine.  Currently it is classed together with the cars
mentioned above.  Please help.

Thank you very much.

Marc Ablaza
Chief Scrutineer