Re: The current state of U.S. vintage racing

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The current state of U.S. vintage racing
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 22:58:18 -0700
> It was mostly ok, except for the one that decided to
> contend with the Mallock U2 a little too hotly.
> I think both of them were a little excessive.

Simon, I was spectating at the Wine Country event.
I watched that race as a spectator and found it very thrilling.
Pardon my being less than fully informed (especially about the relative
performance
of the 1100cc Mallock U2 and the (probably twin cam?) Lotus 23),
but I was very surprised (and delighted) to see that the Mallock could
hold the Lotus.

I think that I saw them get VERY close around turn 2 toward the end of
the race,
perhaps you were alluding to an incident of that character,
or do you think that generally they were just trying too hard?
Malcolm Cox