Re: The current state of U.S. vintage racing

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The current state of U.S. vintage racing
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:51:45 -0700
I don't want to think about the complexities of organizing an event
where groups are by lap times, however I hereby stake a claim to the
highest overtaking speed differential, having been overtaken (in my MGA)
at Thunderhill by a Porsche 962 (I think) and a Cobra simultaneously, at
a SCCA vintage event.
The Porsche went by so fast, suddenly and loudly it actually made me
jump in my seat ( no I didn't see him coming because the Porsche was
lurking behind the Cobra which I was watching who also was overtaking me
at the time.
I estimate the 962 was doing in excess of 170, I was probably peddling
the MGA up to 85, lets see, if I add the Cobra who was probably doing
about 150, can I add that to the Porsche to give me a total differential
of 150.

I later saw the 962 slowly rocking, parked on one of Thunderhills
infamous berms.

PS If I win, does that mean I was in the wrong group?