Re: [TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif
From: Frank Fisher <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 14:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
i saw your last switch where you had it at the pedal box under the hood. that
was slick too.

"BTW, the hydraulic switches all failed somewhat gradually.
There was a period where they would only make contact with very firm pressure
on the pedal."  exactly my experience too.

i have now found that with the
help of a buddy, i can change the switch out in about 2 mins.
make switch
loose by minimal turn with a wrench.
buddy in car puts just a tad of pressure
on the pedal and calls out.
unscrew switch and screw in new switch by hand
while a tiny bit of DOT5 leaks out.
add a smidge of DOT5 in the MC to
replenish
no need to re-bleed, pedal never gets more than 1/2 way down.
break
out the scotch...job done.