Re: TR3 bumper spare tire

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 bumper spare tire
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:20:54 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2005 2:34:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> I saw a TR3 once that had been bought at a Customs auction ... the back of
> the spare tire compartment had been bondoed shut and a hidden door added to
> allow smuggling in the spare tire compartment.

Catch this one,
A buddy of mine has a real nice 59 BRG TR3A.  One unique feature we
discovered right after he acquired it was a rectangle cut out of the gas tank
right
behind the rear interior panel.  Real nice job with good welds and all, just
the
right size for a key of Mary Jane.  Don't ask me how I know that but I was a
child of the 60's. "Heading into Los Angeles, Bringing in a couple of Keys.
Arlo Guthrey, vintage 60's.
Whoops,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org