Re: TR3 bumper spare tire

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 bumper spare tire
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:37:43 -0700
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

>  > The car in question was a TR6
>
> Then just M-A-Y-B-E Someone should have changed the subject header
> which clearly states TR3????

Nah, I think the post was originally about a TR3. Maybe Dave had some
inside knowledge, but a TR6 wasn't mentioned on the list thread. I've
seen photos of TR3's from back-in-the-day and recent rallyes sporting
spares on the bootlid -- not a bad idea to have two spares for endurance
rallyes -- but I presume that either the bootlid is reinforced or the
tires are filled with helium. Probably have to be tied down well so they
don't float away.

Steven "50% bogus" Newell
Littleton, CO USA

===     http://www.vtr.org