Re: TR3 bumper spare tire

To: twakeman@razzolink.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 bumper spare tire
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:07:35 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:38:22 AM Central Standard Time,
twakeman@razzolink.com writes:
> Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:
> >But, seriously, I've heard of folks strapping the spare tire to the luggage
>
> >rack to make more room for luggage.  And when driving in rainy weather
> better
> >the spare get wet than the Samsonite.
>
> What do you want to be there were noticeable dents in the boot lid where
> each rack leg sits on the sheet metal afterwards?

The car in question was a TR6 which does have reinforcing bracing under the
general area of the luggage rack.  And that car, without the spare tire and the
board, has a decent sized trunk.  Moving the TR3 spare only creates another
little storage space.

Another alternative I have resorted to is to UPS my luggage to the
destination.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org