RE: TR3 bumper spare tire

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 bumper spare tire
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:33:03 -0800
> I talked to a man who had once had a TR3. The State inspection
> station said
> that they wouldn't pass the car without a rear bumper. So he put a bar
> between the rear overriders.
>
> Then, on a trip to Florida, he had a flat, and... Oops.

I saw a TR3 once that had been bought at a Customs auction ... the back of
the spare tire compartment had been bondoed shut and a hidden door added to
allow smuggling in the spare tire compartment.

No idea if it was ever successful, but obviously it hadn't worked at least
once <g>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org