RE: TR3 Lifting Jack

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Lifting Jack
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:27:24 -0800
> Of the two lifting jacks available for the TR3's, which is the strongest
> or most structurally sound?  The red one with a stamped steel hook or
> the black one with the cast hook?

I've only used the red one with the stamped steel hook, but I can vouch that
it will lift the car (albeit somewhat slowly).  It's the only jack I carry
with me (although I use the big floor jack at home) and I've had to change
tires with it several times.  The main trick is being sure the car doesn't
want to roll fore/aft while jacked up, so be sure your parking brake works
on both wheels and it's probably best to chock the front wheel opposite the
jack as well.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org