RE: Clutch not releasing

To: John Herrera <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Clutch not releasing
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:00:38 -0800
> If the spring pulls the piston back another 3/4"
> into the bore, it seems like I'll be back to where I started when it
> wasn't moving far enough to release the clutch? How far should the
> pushrod travel when it is fully seated in the bore?

Different sources disagree on the exact measurement, but it should be quite
small, like 1/32". The smaller you set it, the more often you'll have to adjust
the clutch, since it's important that there be some free play.  If 1/32" is
beyond the adjustment range of your pushrod, chances are the taper pin is
broken, but the broken off nose is still holding in the other side of the hole.
Best plan on fixing it soon.  Mine lasted about 2 years that way, then got
worse.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org