Re: Adjusting Valves

Subject: Re: Adjusting Valves
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:25:09 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I will presume to suggest another method for adjusting valve.  This
method keeps the focus only on the cylinder you are working on.

Rotate the engine until the intake valve just begins to open, then
adjust the exhaust valve.  Rotate the engine until the exhuast valve is
almost closed, then adjust the intake valve.

I have used this method for a decade on race prep'd motors.  It seems to
give me good results.  If there is something theoretically wrong with it
I would like someone to point that out.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom