RE: Adjusting Valves

Subject: RE: Adjusting Valves
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:22:06 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I will presume to suggest another method for adjusting valve.  This
> method keeps the focus only on the cylinder you are working on.
>
> Rotate the engine until the intake valve just begins to open, then
> adjust the exhaust valve.

With the stock TR3 camshaft, the exhaust valve isn't yet fully closed when
the intake begins to open ... I would think this would be even more
pronounced on a racing camshaft with a larger overlap.  (The definition of
overlap is the period when both valves are open, which happens at the end of
the exhaust and the beginning of the intake.)

Randall