Air Compressor Redux

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Compressor Redux
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:32:32 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:47:35 -0800
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: Air Compressor Redux

> This is where specmanship comes in.  Some (most? all?) manufacturers of
> compressors for home use will stick an over sized motor so they can make
> horsepower claims in their advertising.  So you have a 5 horse
> motor but it
> is only loaded to 1.5 so it doesn't pull more amps than a 15 amp circuit
> will allow.

I have one of the vertical Sears 115 v.5.5 HP 30Gal units...yes it's  loud, and
not happy on the extension cord I have been using.  I am planning to wire my
garage this winter and figured to put the compressor on a dedicated circuit
(20AMP?)..What size circuit and wire guage would you recommend...I do have
200amp service.

Thanks

Mike Godley
65 TR4A