Re: Air Compressor Redux

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor Redux
From: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:25:22 -0600 FILETIME=[5D24E550:01C3AD94]
Sigh - when I was in the market for a compressor, the company I worked for
decided to shut down the production floor and give first offer to the
employees. Among the assets up for bid was a commercial Devillbliss 3
cylinder compressor with a 5 (real) hp motor and a 300 gal tank - it went
for $200 CDN (~130 US$ at that time). Unfortunatley it was bigger than my
GT6 and the garage was already crowded - with tears in my eyes I paid $300
Cdn for a (cough) 5 HP Campbell Hausfield (the motor is about a quarter the
size of the one on the Devillbliss). See previous comments on noise,
asthmatic output, etc., but it does the jobs I have asked so far, including
port grinding, wrenching, painting and  nailing (yes dear, I really do need
an air nailer to put the subfloor in the rennovations - don't laugh, it got
me a compressor and I use that danm little nailer more than any other air
tool I've got).

cheers
Scott

>From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>

The most predominant advice I seem to get is "get a bigger
one" Stop!  I already get enough email saying "Size matters!" :-)