Re: Air Compressor Redux

To: Mickylong@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor Redux
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:54:53 EST
Micky...

I have a SEARS unit simply because it was on sale...about 4 years ago. It is
about the same specs as the 2 you are looking at except it only has a 25
gallon tank. The bigger the tank the better...with a few caveats....

Forget this model(s) if you are planning on doing any extended amounts of
sandblasting which ususally require 80+psi. The compressor (and it is an
oilless
model I will assume) will run CONSTANTLY! It just can't keep up with that
continual use that is typical of sandblasting anything automotive.

It will handle air tools and paint sprayers. Filtering and drying the air for
spray painting is a whole other issue.

If I had it to do over again with the knowledge I now have I would have opted
for a much larger unit utilizing a drive belt and oil lube. MUCH quieter and
not constant cycling...again with BIG tank.

Hope this is of some use...
Oh..one other thought. I would be at all surprised if either Campbell-H
builds the Sears units or possibly they are both built by the same 3rd party.

Larry M
CD5182L