Air Compressor

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Compressor
From: "John Walker" <Jwalker@mainet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:30:04 -0500
Mickey Long wrote:
Subject: Air Compressor Redux

To those who provided advice to the lister who was asking about air
compressor purchase -- I'm also looking to buy one to drive an air
ratchet, impulse
wrench, maybe basic painting, etc.  I wanted a unit with wheels that
used 110V so
that I could use it for more than just work on the 6 (I know, I know,
is
there anything else worthwhile?) and have narrowed the choice to two
units --
Sears Craftsman and a Campbell Hausfield.  Here are the specs:
Sears  6 HP  33 Gal. 8.6 SCFM at 40PSI and 6.4 SCFM at 90PSI
CH     6.25HP 28 Gal. 7.4 SCFM at 40PSI and 6.1 SCFM at 90 PSI

Mickey,

IMHO, regarding air compressors, bigger is always better, and 110V is
certainly desireable, so that you can use it anywhere. Consider a
vertical compressor, as it takes up less floor space. Sand blasting
requires a continuous supply of a lot of air, so the SCFM capacity of
your compressor is critical if you plan on doing any blasting. I have
been very happy with my Sears.

John Walker
TR3B - TS68368