Re: powdercoat floorpans?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powdercoat floorpans?
From: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:57:05 -0600 FILETIME=[D63F6F20:01C3A874]
Just need to find a shop with a big enough oven - The local shop our club
deals with has done everything up to a full size van. Just remember you
gotta stip out everything that can't take the heat - interior, wiring,
mounting ruibber, and which means special high temp filler or leading  to
fill dings and holes. Cost varies with size and complexity but I recall a
quote in the order of half a grand US$ for a completely prepped bare LBC
tub. Also recall them saying that even if the tub is stripped to bare metal,
they like to give it a quick once over with the media blaster just before it
goes into the coating booth so any residual oxidation (which begins forming
on bare steel immediately after it is exposed to air) and suface
contaminants are removed, otherwise they won't gaurantee the results.

cheers
Scott