Re: powdercoat floorpans?

To: <BigOldWumper@aol.com>, <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: powdercoat floorpans?
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:03:12 -0500

> I've been wondering what it might cost to just have the whole body tub
> powdercoated...I wonder if anyone's ever done this?
I've seen 2 Models "A"'s that were P/Ced and they were gorgous, remember if
you get too much powder in one place it will leave orange peel, the same as
paint this can be sanded out and then polished back to a bright luster, also
depending on color, no more waxing, BMW 5000 & 7000 series are being
powder-coated in clear in Europe for the past 2 years, this begins in the
U/S in 2005, this will force body shops to get into the business so more
large ovens will be available.  When replacing P/Ced floor pans and the
welds burn away the powder, then just touch up that area with paint.  "FT"