RE: Allison XR7000 wiring and setup on TR6?

To: "Steve Smith" <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Allison XR7000 wiring and setup on TR6?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:58:14 -0800
> I was less meticulous than I should have been in
> taking the engine out of my TR6. I thought I had the
> booklet for the Allison ignition but apparently don't,
> so I could use some help in setting the dizzy back up.

The old Crane XR700 was the same thing, installation instructions are
available at
http://64.90.9.168/cranecams/pdf/90002000a.pdf

If that link doesn't work, go to the Crane website at
http://www.cranecams.com
and hunt around for their instructions.  They do have a newer version now
with a LED on the end that helps with troubleshooting, but the instructions
for the old, non-LED unit should match your Allison.

I believe the black wire should go to ground (assuming your car is negative
ground and you have a negative ground module), and the purple (now yellow on
the Crane units) goes to the coil "-".  That's the way my Stag is wired and
it seems to work.

Randall