speedi sleeve cost

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedi sleeve cost
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:57:31 -0500
Hey guys,

I looked up the digests and found where Gerald Van Vlack noted that the
Speedi Sleeve part number for the fan hub to timing chain cover seal for a
TR3 or 4 engine is #99174.

I called up my local autoparts store .. (not the dipstick kids who man the
counter at the national chain stores)  and the guy punched it in and said it
was a good number. . (although he called it a ready sleeve)

So all's good right?

Then he tells me it is $36.80

Does that sound right?

That's a lot more than I expected.
I'm going to go look at my hub again and see if I think it can be cleaned up
where it mates with the seal before I go out and buy one of those.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 Everyday