Re: TR2 Front Wings and Archeology

To: <ebk@buffnet.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2 Front Wings and Archeology
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 23:20:40 -0400
> Hi List!
>     Ok you guys, How many remember when you would go to the bar with a 1
> gal. pail for take out beer? No bottles or cans then, unless you counted
> the Ball canning jars as bottles. :-D
> -Cosmo Kramer
Ball canning jars are still being used today, but, not for beer, they are
used for the good stuff the homemade type, I know the last man caught with a
"still" here in N. Virginia, he and his brother both worked on the estate of
George Washington at Mt.Vernon where the "still" was located, now who would
ever look for a still at Mt. Vernon, the Feds caught them with a fresh made
batch of good "corn" and that was back in 1946, they had 12 dozen "Ball"
gallon jugs. I was rather close to this man !!  "FT"