Re: TR4 Fanbelt Pulley removal

To: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Fanbelt Pulley removal
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:52:28 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Stan wrote:

>When installing a fanbelt, tie-wrap a second belt behind the cross-member.
>That way, it is already past the pinch point and ready to be cut loose and
installed >if/when .the .one in use fails.
>Haven't tried it myself, but sounds reasonable.
>Stan

Someone told me to do that when I first acquired my TR. I did it and the
result was that I have never had a fan belt problem in 20 odd years. Highly
recommended.

Something like taking your umbrella to the racecourse to stop  the rain.

David Brister.
1967 TR4A.