RE: TR4 Fanbelt Pulley removal

To: "'Fred'" <fred@tr-ific.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Fanbelt Pulley removal
From: "Pharr, Jeff" <pharr@terralign.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:31:04 -0500
Fred,

Removal is easy.  A hacksaw or stout wire cutters should do
the trick.  But I suspect it's the 'reverse these steps to
install the new belt' bit that has you worried. :-)

You must break loose the engine mounts and jack up the front
of the motor.  Yes, I know it's crazy...  And while you are
doing this job, buy two replacement belts.  Install the first
as you planned, and then slip the second over the pulley and
tie wrap it to the front crossmember shown in your picture.
This will make it possible to do a roadside belt repair that
would probably require a tow otherwise.

--Jeff
'65 TR4/A with two fan belts