Re: poor quality repro hood safety latch for TR6

To: arakelianp@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: poor quality repro hood safety latch for TR6
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:17:20 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Peter,
You have me here because you are correct when you say that you can't fix
something if you are not aware of a problem.  I did not return the "way
wrong" latch. It was not that much money.  I was just frustrated and threw it
in the woods. In fact to be honest I can't even be 100% positive that I
purchased it from Moss.  I am positive that the latch I had was never going
to work to my satisfaction and was very different and inferior to the OE
latch.  I wasted a good deal of time and effort to find that out.

The point I would like to make is that I would pay twice the amount of money
for a quality latch that was built to OE specification.  I don't think I am
the only one, still realizing that price is of great importance. Too many
repro parts seem to be being reproduced cheaply without regard to OE
specifications.  I personally do not hold Moss or any other supplier directly
responsible for this since you are the distributor and not the manufacturer.
However, it would be better IMHO to find a source for quality and pay the
price.  This is easy for me to say since I am not the one that has to buy 500
of them and put them on the self with the hope that people will pay $60 when
your competition is selling them for $30. It's got to be a tough business and
real hard to please everyone.
Best Regards,
Darrell