Re: poor quality repro hood safety latch for TR6

To: <Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: poor quality repro hood safety latch for TR6
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:22:35 -0400
Greg-
    I (like Darrell) was had by this hood latch. It is JUNK! The hook is
easily bent and lasts about 6 bonnet openings (at least it seems like that
many). The spring on the hook breaks almost instantly out of the packaging.
Mine cracked from being bent too many times from misalignment and trying
closing the bonnet. I just broke the safety latch off. As long as I'm not
driving backwards too fast I think I'll be OK. I fell your pain too.
Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6
80 TR7 Spider