hood latch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: hood latch
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:07:44 -0500
I also have had problems with the hood latch, although it was on the car
when I bought it so it is probably over 4 years old and I don't know the
vendor.  But it looked new and still does.  The problems are the the metal
is too soft and the hook is never in the proper place.  It requires bending
the little tab to get it to stop at the correct place.  And about 6 months
ago the spring disappeared.  Mine gets a pretty good workout because I use a
battery disconnect switch.  If there is a good quality part out there, let
us know.

Jay Snavely
1974 TR6
1980 TR8