Re: poor quality repro hood safety latch for TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: poor quality repro hood safety latch for TR6
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:14:54 -0800
>>And, yes, I plan to return the part to Moss for a refund.  My experience
>is that they are good about standing behind their parts if a customer is
>not satisfied.

That may be true, but they'll turn around and re-sell
that part to the next person that orders one.  Simply
returning one's money is not enough - when defective
parts are identified, they should stop selling them.
That has NOT been my experience with Moss.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 - CF57948U - TR6IUMPH<

Well. Dennis - that's just plain not true!  A part identified as defective
is NEVER re-sold to another customer.  Are returned parts resold?  If they
are re-sellable.  If you were to return an item to Moss because it was the
wrong color or you just plain didn't like it, then it would be sold to
another customer just as any business does.  But to say that we merely
re-sell a defective item is just plain wrong.  In addition as of this date
NO ONE HAS TOLD US ABOUT A PROBLEM WITH THE LATCHES!  We can't fix something
we don't know about.  I have informed our QC department about the problem
reported earlier, they will check into it now, but generally until a
customer gives us specific information and returns the defective unit for
inspection there isn't a whole lot we can do.  When we get that information,
a member of the QC team will go out and inspect the latches.  He may simply
sort good from bad; he may block sale of the product; he will probably cause
trouble for the supplier.  Your characterization of Moss' return policy is
WRONG!

Peter Arakelian
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.