RE: Tire slime

To: <triumphs@mcleodusa.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[6D7B5630:01C27CF0]
Subject: RE: Tire slime
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:05:57 -0400
I had a slow tire leak on my TR3, obviously caused by corrosion on my rim at
the bead. Several attempts to have it fixed did not work in the long term. I
took it to my car mechanic with the suggestion that he put a tube in it.
Instead, he cleaned it well, derusted, and painted the bead with (if I remember
correctly) a paint-like product specifially made for this type of application,
I think it was a little thicker than paint to fill the gaps. This was several
years ago, and I haven't had the problem since. Sorry I don't know what the
stuff was, but it might be worth asking around. Let me know if you can't find
out what it is, and I'll ask him.

Warren Allen
Winston-Salem, NC (the proud home of Krispy Kreme doughnuts)
1960 TR3A TS55177L