Re: TR4: overdrive click-click-clicking (long)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4: overdrive click-click-clicking (long)
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:17:21 +0200
Steven Newell wrote :

> 1. is the click-click-click-click phenomenon a helpful clue

Steven,
Do you get the clicking in second gear as well ? If not , and the overdrive
engages , I'm
thinking that the 3 and 4 gear lock-out switch needs adjusting .
If it clicks in second gear as well , it could be that the solenoid hold-in
contacts are dirty
or damaged , or the valve adjustment is out.I believe you need to eliminate the
clicking
problem before looking further .

> 5. for grocery runs in a TR4 with two kids, which bags are
> better, paper or plastic?

Why put the kids in bags ? <g>

Good luck, make it go to 7
Mike