Re: PI Progress

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>, David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Subject: Re: PI Progress
From: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:04:05 +0200
Hi David,
You are a very brave man to venture into PI systems.
I'm driving a 70 TR6 PI and I'm struggling for years with it,
I finally bought an EFI kit what will be installed in a week or two
by Revington in UK.But don't get discouraged if you have a good
metering unit running on a Bosh pump all will come fine.A very
important point not to oversee is the PRV. A very small part, but
the system stands and falls with this tiny valve.It is monitoring the
correct pressure for the injectors and is also providing the
necessary flow of fuel to prevent overheating of the
pump.Understand that fuel is compressed by the pump( heat
increase) and released by the PRV back to the tank ( resulting in a
decrease of fuel temp). Also pay attention that the inflow to the
pump is as large as possible, normal tanks have an outlet of 6mm
and this is too small for a Bosch pump. I increased the outlet on
my TR6 to 8mm, same as the inlet of my Bosch pump and
mounted the filter behind the pump and not before.Bosch pumps
deliver more fuel than the Lucas pumps and a small intake will
result in fuel starvation and overheating of the pump. The pump will
continue to function but will make a terrible noise.
 Best regards

Jean R from Europe
70 TR6 PI