Re: PI Progress

To: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Subject: Re: PI Progress
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:22:22 +0100
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be wrote:

Hi, Jean,

Thank for your message. My 'bravery' has a lot to do with financial
necessity and I have yet to get the system up and running again. Re. the
PRV, I understand the Bosch pump runs a lower pressure but a higher
volume than the Lucas pump, this would be why your mods make sense.
However, my saloon pump only makes a noise on startup and has not caused
any other problem in itself. Perhaps the gravity feed is more positive
on the saloon.
Egil Kvalberg suggested leaving the PRV setting alone so I will try the
system as is to start with, although as I mentioned, the fuel inlet from
the filter to the pump is leaky and needs re-piping.
In general, my problems have been rough running, with apparent richness
at idle. These may have been down to the control stop follower being
partially seized but time will tell. I hope to have the system
reassembled by next weekend and will let the list know what happens.
If I then find that the inlet diameter is starving the pump, I will look
at your suggestion.

Thanks again,

David Hill.