Re: questions

To: jays@paonline.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: questions
From: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:31:18 +0200
From:                   ArthurK101@aol.com
Date sent:              Fri, 9 Apr 1999 18:39:39 EDT
To:                     jays@paonline.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Send reply to:          ArthurK101@aol.com

In a message dated 08-Apr-99 22:01:10 Eastern Daylight Time,
jays@paonline.com writes:

> The one 71 TR6 has a VIN that starts out KC----,  does anyone know what the
> indicates?

Some TR's were shipped "completely knocked down" to other countries for
assembly.  They would then have a prefix for that country.  The only prefix I
know for sure was Belgium (it was an "I" [eye]), so a car assembled in
Belgium would be IC--.

Maybe another country which assembled those car had a K prefix?  And maybe
someone has the codes for other countries.
Nomex on.  Cheers.

Art Kelly
P.S. And maybe Andy is correct and I'm way off-- I just read his reply to
you.  amk

Hi Art,
You are right many Triumphs were assembled in Belgium,
including TRs of any model.A little correction to your text:
TR3s were prefixed B  like BTS....
TR6s were prefixed 1 (one) all CP models like 1CP....
An other country where Triumphs were assembled was South Africa
Motor Assemblies of Durban, But I do not know what prefix was
given to these cars.

Jean R Europe
70 TR6 PI