Re: PI Progress

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Subject: Re: PI Progress
From: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:38:25 +0200
Hi Egil
You are right of cause, I did choose the wrong terminology
I should have said "put under pressure " instead of compressed.
but on the other hand it has been proved ,done by a major firm in
oil and gas that when pressure in fuel is decreased from 7bar to
1bar a decrease in temperature is observed. But this is of cause
not the task of the PRV. Your remark on Lucas pumps might be
correct, but in my 26 years of driving TR6 I have seen very few
Lucas pumps working properly after they have been overhauled.
My pump did fine for 70.000 kms, I had it rebuild and end of story
as soon as temp.rises above 25degrees C. You probably did read
about people putting 3 pumps in line  in their TR6 to prevent vapor
lock.I had vapor lock with my Bosch pump, temp. 35degr C and car
exposed to the sun for 6 hours, but this meteorological phenomena
happens in Belgium only ones in 5 years.
By the way are you attending The Euro-meet in Denmark ??
I will be there
Regards
Jean R
70 TR6 PI