Re: TR Fever

To: "Rodney Orr" <rodney@mindoro.com>, "Stephen J. Swift" <sjswift@cby.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR Fever
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 16:18:30 -0600
My wife is upset with me because I haven't gotten around to replacing the
clutch on her daily driver TR6.  The Taurus we bought for our (about to
start driving) 16 year old is filling in, but it just doesn't cut it.  For
all those wondering how to get their wives interested, there is almost
nothing more romantic than an evening drive in a top down TR to one of her
favorite restaurants.  She'll enjoy dinner and some wine and if you chose
to make this trip with other Triumph owners you'll share the experience.
You get to enjoy your 2 greatest passions and the night will still be
young! We have 3 kids, and getting away for some time to ourselves in one
of our TR6's fits the bill. Now if I could just get her to trim those nails
back a bit and help with that clutch job life would be perfect.

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
> To: Stephen J. Swift <sjswift@cby.com>; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: TR Fever
> Date: Saturday, April 03, 1999 9:11 AM
>

> My wife actually agreed / offered to sell her car when time came 6 years
> ago for my midlife crisis TR6.  Seems she'd read some 'research' about
how
> 40-something males were hard-wired to be looking for new mates since the
> caveman (person?) days.  Something about having had a new kid every year
> for 25 years affecting life expectancies of cavewomen, and their
'husbands'
> having to then start dating and find a new mate.  Anyway, seems this
became
> part of the average males nature.  Fortunately, for everyone involved, it
> can be satisfied by a sportscar.  I'm sure you can find other 'research'
> substantiate there is a Triumph-version of this male genetic defect.
Check