Re: TR4 leaking engine rear oil seal

To: GERARD_WINN@HP-France-om9.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR4 leaking engine rear oil seal
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:58:07 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/27/99 6:57:30 AM EST, GERARD_WINN@HP-France-om9.om.hp.com
writes:

<< Does anybody have any experience of changing the rear engine oil seal
      on a TR4? Apparently this is a fairly common problem on the TRs.

      I have the gearbox, clutch and flywheel out of the car. How much more
      do I need to remove to change the seal? Do I need to go as far as the
      crankshaft, and if so, is this a real pain with the engine still in
      the car? >>
It is probably easier to pull the motor as the crank should come out. Pulling
the crank in situ is well nigh impossible IMHO

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4