Re: TR6 Vibration

To: Chris Kincer <cgkincer@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Vibration
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:47:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Chris,

That is a pretty wide speed range for the vibration. Maybe you can
elaborate on the type of vibration and if it is constant or comes and
goes. Warped or bent hubs or wheels are a possibility. I would also take
a hard look at the drive shaft, it may need to be balanced, or the
u-joints may not be properly aligned. I have a non-TR that lets me know
it needs front shocks by producing a rythmic vibration through the front
end, so the dampers are something else I would check. I can recognize
this vibration because the car will cruise as smooth as silk, then a
little bump in the road will start the vibration. It's a wheel hopping
up and down. The other listers will probably have some other gremlins
for you to chase, too.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L