Transmission Disassembly Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Disassembly Question
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:21:10 GMT
Listers,

Got a lot of TR4 parts all over the place.  Sure hope I can remember how they

While waiting for the engine parts to come back from the shop... I am
rebuilding the TR4A transmission.  I am progressing along just fine using my
Haynes manual but I can't seem to figure out how to get the fork to slide off
the clutch shaft.  The tapered pin is removed. The fork will turn on the shaft
only after strong hand force is applied. The fork will only move sideways along
the clutch shaft if I use a rubber hammer and brass drift on the end of the
clutch shaft while the fork arm is resting on and blocked by the input shaft.
I am afriad of breaking the cast iron fork by using it as a stop for the
"pounding on the end of the clutch shaft" method

Are there any tricks or techniques to share?

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4 CT16260L - Groton, MA
sanborn@net1plus.com