Re: unsupported character set?

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, "'Peter Zaborski'" <peterz@merak.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: unsupported character set?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:41:23 -0500charset="utf-7"
Cc: <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Jim,

Some us on Outlook Express have just started to have a problem
with mail from Jim Wallace.  He is on CC:Mail and we can view it
if we specify another language in the View Menu.

Here is a copy of my recent mail to Tom Ambrose.

+ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg-attached
text+ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAq-

Jim and Tom,

Tom seems to have hit on something.   Do you have an option in
CC:Mail for a default language or font set.    Also make sure you
are sending in +ACI-plain text+ACI- mode to the list. More then a couple
of listers using MS Outlook Express are having the same problem
reading your mail.   It's a bug in OE but if you set the language
to Western Alphabet or something like that let's see what
happens.

Thanks

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA