Re: offended someone on the list

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: offended someone on the list
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:04:55 -0600
Greg:

The fact that the vendor contacted you privately (off-list) is a good
thing as it allows you and he to discuss the problem in private. The bad
thing is that he chastised you for indulging in freedom of speech etc.
Personally, I think that you can do as Brad suggested, as long as you
feel that the vendor was in the wrong. It's up to you.

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, SK

>From Brad Kahler:
Greg, whoever it was that contacted you was in wrong in doing so.  This
list is a forum for Triumph enthusiasts and NOT a commercial advertising
site.  I pesonally have no problems what so ever about complaining about
any given vendor on the list.  Thats the only way we are going to find
out
which products are good and which ones arn't.  I wouldn't be surprised
if
most vendors monitored this list for content.  The fact that one of them
contacted you directly is just plain WRONG.
The only thing I would respond back to the individual with is a polite,
Buzz
Off statement.<