Cam timing - Spitfire (again)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam timing - Spitfire (again)
From: LARRY.SNYDER@monsanto.com
Date: 15 Jan 1999 19:57:57 -0600charset=iso-8859-1

     OK, I'm pretty certain I have the camshaft correctly installed in my
     1970 Spit engine. The question now is, how can I make certain that the
     cam is aligned properly? Somehow the marks on the sprockets just don't
     convince me...

     I would like to check it by measuring how far before TDC the intake
     valve closes (or is it how far after TDC the exhaust valve starts to
     open?)

     Does anyone have the numbers for standard Spit cam timings?

     Thanks!

     Larry in St. Louis