Re: Coil

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Coil
From: Russell Seto <ruset@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:36:27 -0600
Cc: geohahn@azstarnet.com, triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Dan,
That's interesting that your 6 and MG capacitors didn't respond, as I
wouldn't have thought that their capacitance would have been much
different than my 3's.  The capacitor I used to verify my statement is
brand new, just received from TRf.  Now you've got me curious, and I
plan to obtain a 6 cap from one of my buddies and try the test on it.
I'll let you know the results.  One thing's for sure, you can spot a
shorted capacitor this way which could be grounding out the coil, so
even if you can't get the meter indication that would show the capacitor
is charging properly, you would know it's not the reason the engine
won't run!! (I know YOU know this, the comment is for those who don't).

Russ