Re: Coil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:55:18 EST
Russ,

I stand corrected!  I went out to the shop again, and re-tested the
capacitors. My meter has 5 ohms ranges - X1, X10, X100, X1K, and X10K. On the
X10K setting, I got a small kick, but on the other four, nothing at all. I had
to make sure I didn't touch the leads on the X10K scale, because the
resistance of my fingers would mask the reading. Evidently, on all but the
highest setting, the internal resistance of my meter is low enough that the
time constant is too small to register.

Thanks for your input.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN