RE: Oil Cooler volume

To: "'Barry Schwartz'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Cooler volume
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:10:02 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.UTAH.EDU>

This has me thinking...

On my 87 GTI 8v (where I have an oil temp indicator), my typical oil temp is
70-75 deg C. This is (I think) a lower value than the typical coolant temp
is it not? What is an acceptable value for oil temp? And what is the
relationship between oil temp and coolant temp once normal operating
temperatures have been reached?

On the GTI I use 5w50 Castrol Syntec. On my TR6 I also use the same oil but
have no oil temp gauge.

Comments?

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---