Rear Hub Puller Info (TR6)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear Hub Puller Info (TR6)
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 18:18:44 -0500
Folks,

Another request for help.  I hope one day to get ratio of questions to
answers reversed!

In the mean time,  my local machine trades program instructor asked me if I
had a turning project that his students could work on (I just pay for the
materials).  And since I have a hub that needs rebuilding, and having read
the horrow stories on the list about trying to get the hub off without
something resembling the Churchill tool (which I don't want to repeat), I
was wondering if anyone has any dimensions or even a DXF of a substitute
hub puller.  I do have the factory manual, so have a picture of the elusive
Churchill unit, but don't have any dimensions etc.  Also, any thoughts on
the materials for the threaded shaft - I was thinking of high tensile
carbon steel ...

Incidentally, any one living in the US can approach your local vocational
center and ask if they would be willing to make an item for you ... the
centers can't guarantee the timescale (depends on what they are studying at
that time), or the quality (depends on the student).

As always, thanks in advance,

Tony Gordon

72 TR6 CC79849U